Me vs. My Emotions - Part 1

The following was discovered from the amazing and wonderful Sedona Method.

----

If theres anything about the human experience of life that we consider magical, emotions would be the prime candidate. Even though we've discovered through science that all emotions are tied to specific neuro-chemicals firing off in the brain, what makes emotions magical is our experience of the emotions themselves.

This magical aspect of emotions is what makes them more than just the logical understanding that they are caused by neuro-chemicals. Anyone can understand the process of these chemicals firing off, but when your angry, you dont say "My brain is firing off the peptide of anger that is flooding into my cells right now"... no, you say "I'm pissed off!"

This magical aspect of emotions, then, lies somewhere in between the neuro-chemical firing off, and our experience of the emotion through our awareness of life, where the chemicals stop being "mine" and start being "me".

It is precisely this shift between "my emotion" and "me" that causes humans to get caught up/lost in the emotions they feel. Once an emotion shifts from "mine" to "me", you lose your ability to control it.

And this is no good, since it is true that we are completely responsible for our own life.

The "me" thats responsible for and in control of my life, my reality, is free and beyond the experience of emotions.

By finding ones true-self in life, and spending time in that perspective, we find our lives become less stressful, enriched, and free. By being free of our emotions, we free ourselves and those around us from the limits of the mind.

If we are ever going to truly (re)discover the separation between "me" and "my emotions", there is something we must do, for ourselves, for our own life, to make this shift happen.

To discover how to begin this process, read part 2 of this series.

0 comments: